In many cases, careful management deals with back pain. There is however a species of back pain that Ill flag up to you now. The items listed below are “RED FLAG” symptoms which means see your doctor or A & E NOW; go in and say , “I have back pain symptoms that I think are Red Flag symptoms”
- fever of 38ºC (100.4ºF) or above
- unexplained weight loss
- swelling in the back
- constant back pain from which there is no position of ease
- Chest pain
- leg pain
- a change in toilet patterns
- numbness or tingling around your bottom and privates.
- pain that is worse at night
These are known as ‘red flag symptoms’ and could be a sign of something more serious.